Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Last Day of Summer School

Thursday is James' last day of summer school at the Eagles Education Center in South Fargo. We finally reached a milestone last week, when James got on the school bus without crying for the first time. Unfortunately, he'll get a month off and I'm afraid we'll start all over with the bus anxiety. I have been assured by the bus driver and aide that as soon as they drive off James is as happy has a clam. Somehow, that does not surprise me. James has always done that. It reminds me of when he was in the hospital while we were living in Marshfield. The nurses would tell me how happy he is and how much fun he would have-but the second he saw me he would start crying. It was the most edearing thing.
James has been bringing home lots of pictures that he colors by himself!! I am so proud of him. He loves to color-one of his favorite activities when he's in his stander. He has also had fun playing the parachute at school and just seeing the other kids!
He'll get the month of August off from school but he'll still have his once a week therapies at Sanford. I think James will enjoy his time off from school, but I'm sure he'll be ready to go back to all his friends and teachers at the end of August. I'm very anxious to see his teachers and therapists at back to school night once school starts. It'll be nice to have so many people working with James to get him to reach his full potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment