Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School!



James went off to his first day of pre-school with no tears! He was soo excited! I worried because when he went to summer school he cried almost every day. I think that it helped that the week before school started we were able to go to Back to School night. It was great to meet his teachers and therapists and share with them what we do at home and at outpatient therapy as well as our goals and things that comfort him. James rides the bus to and from school 4 days a week. And on his day off from school he goes to outpatient therapy. Makes for one busy little boy. As I explained to James that morning that he was going to school and would see his friends and teacher and get to play, he had a big bright smile on his face. He got excited every time he saw a bus drive by our street. About 2 or 3 went past before his came. I must say I was very proud of my little boy. From what I hear, James does well at school and loves to be there. He's good on the bus too and never makes a peep. Just likes to go for his ride and look outside at everything. We've been seeing some progressing in James in the past few weeks. He's holding his head much better when on his tummy and tries to roll over more. He's in love with little things he can get his hands on right now, including matchbox cars, stickers, and little action figures. He gets quite upset when he loses them. I'm super excited because I came across a company recently that makes adaptive toys and such for kids like James. I ordered a catalog and can't wait to get him some of the stuff! I say some, because a lot of it is very expensive and large. While we'd love to get James an adaptive swing, it's not very practical while we live in an apartment. James of course got Labor Day off from school, but will be right back at it Tuesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment