Saturday, October 15, 2011

Medicaid Frustrations

I had a tough week this week. I learned this week, that all time James has really not been on Medicaid. I started getting bills from Sanford for James' outpatient therapy and his prescristions were all requiring copays. Come to find out, his Medicaid never started because they never got his screening saying that he was disabled etc (as if there's any question). After an additional 5 phone calls I learned that we had done the legwork, just hadn't enrolled James in waivered services. I wish someone would have told me!!! All this time we've been acruing bills and here we thought they'd all be covered by Medicaid. Sometimes I decide that this whole system is not so bad to navigate and then a week later I find out I'm completely wrong! So now I've gotten more paperwork to fill out and hopefully no more problems after that.
I did learn however that MA will probably cover and iPad for James! He's been using one at school and has been quite successful. 5/8 times he will correctly identify and object when they show him 3 pictures!! How amazing! We were all so excited, his teachers, therapists and he even got to show off for the director of special services! We love that he's progressing and loving school. He even has school pictures coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment