Friday, March 8, 2013

Spread the Word to Stop the Word

I'm a day late, but I figured late is better than never for this post.

Most people have used the "R" word out of context and not meaning harm to those who are mentally handicapped or disabled. I"ve done it myself. But that doesn't mean it isn't hurtful anyway. Most people are making fun of friends of family in fun by calling them retarded or by slamming their arm/wrist against their body. Guess what-those actions are my son. I have a son who can't control his movements and when I see someone imitating these motions that my beautiful boy makes in frustration-it hurts. Especially if its a friend or acquaintance. No matter who you are, it hurts but I guess I expect more of the people who are closer to me and my family.

So I guess I'm asking anyone who reads this to think twice before using the "R" word and to help their friends and family to quite using the word inappropriately!

No comments:

Post a Comment