Friday, June 21, 2013

ABR Progress Report

So after my mistake back in February, James and I were able to head to Philadelphia for another round of ABR training. I was pretty excited for this one since we got James's first progress report. The progress report is good! I know that we've already seen changes in his head and trunk control but it was really nice to see the changes in the pictures. I'm still amazed that I'm doing to him! The trainers stressed the importance of continuing on this path and that while he is young I need to really get some good time in to make the changes to his body.

We learned 6 new exercises again. I'm feeling more comfortable with learning new exercises because now I've gotten the basic techniques down and it's just a matter and refreshing those techniques and applying them in a new area. This go round we'll be working on his neck pit (spot at the bottom of your head that meets your neck). Most people have an indentation there and James doesn't. We'll also work on upper back again and middle back along with some shape changes in his head and working on his thighs! I'm the most excited about that. It was actually requested by our physical rehabilitation doctor. I was a little nervous to approach the subject of alternative therapies with her but she was awesome about it! She was very open and even suggested a couple! She asked to see if they had something to help with the tightness in his hamstrings. Last August we did botox to loosen them up and it helped some but of course it wears off. Going through botox injections with James is pretty difficult. They give him the gas to calm you and kinda gives you amnesia but he still fights and gets anxiety with all those doctors and nurses around. I'd rather not do botox unless we have to anymore.

We'll actually be going to another training session in Florida in July. The sessions are pretty close together but that's my fault from missing February's sessions. I'm a little nervous for that session because Andy is going to be learning and pretty much taking over ABR with James. In the fall James will be in school all day and I won't have time with him to do ABR. So Andy is gonna take over and do it in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment