Sunday, August 5, 2012

Short Notice

I got a bit of a short notice on some appointments. Mayo Clinic called Thursday afternoon to let us know they could get us appointments on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Wow....Of course I was so excited. I couldn't believe we finally had appointments but with only a couple days notice I wasn't sure it was really going to happen. First order of business was to get off of work....Sue and Marie at work performed a miracle for me and I got off work! Thanks a million to the people who are working night shifts for me! After getting off work I figured it would all be easy from there. We got a hotel room booked, we got the appointments confirmed, I made phone calls to our insurance to inform them of appointment dates. Lastly I arranged for Elliot to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Kitchens for the week. Auntie Abbey will watch him during the day. This was a huge load off my shoulders. It can be pretty hard to focus on James and the doctors when I have Elliot at appointments. He's not usually a bad kid, he's just busy and explores everything he can in the doctor's office. It can be a bit distracting. I'm a little sad that I won't see him for so long. He's never been away from us more than a couple of days (and that was pretty recent). He'll head to Grandma's tomorrow and we'll get him back on Saturday when we all head to Minot to my cousin's wedding.
So I guess James and I are heading to Rochester, MN to the Mayo Clinic on Monday. We'll have only one appointment each day but I think they'll each last a couple of hours. I'm not exactly sure what each of the appointments really are or what we're doing. I'm not sure if it's just talking about James or if it's testing of some sort that we haven't done here in Fargo. Wednesday we'll head back home so I can get back to work.

We recently took a trip to Minneapolis to see the Twins play. James loved the game! I'll post more details and pictures soon (hopefully while we are in Rochester since I may actually have some free time!). I'll also give everyone an update on our fundraising!

No comments:

Post a Comment