Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Driving, A Wedding and some ABR

I'm obviously WAAAAYYYY behind on this post. But here's a quick run-down of our summer vacation. We left on a Thursday night. I got off work a little early, but we only got as far as Watertown, SD. That left us with driving all the way to Clarksville, TN the next day. We drove straight south along the border of Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri and then over to Illionois and across Kentucky all in one day. Surprising our kids were amazing in the car. Having the DVD player in the van is a lifesaver for sure. The kids sure do travel well. Saturday we had some fun in the pool before getting ready for my cousin Troy's wedding. It was a great ceremony and we headed over to the reception that had an amazing view! The kids had loads of fun dancing and seeing their cousins. It was also a great chance for Andy and I to visit with some of my relatives that we don't see very often. Sunday we went to church but unfortunately had to get back on the road again right away. We drove to southern Georgia and stayed there a night. Monday we only had a few hours of driving and so we decided to stop at Daytona Beach to see the ocean! Elliot loved all the sand but wanted NOTHING to do with the water. James liked it all. James and I hung out in the sand and a little down by the water-but mostly I just sat on the sand and James laid in my lap and we played in the sand. I thought he might get upset because the sun was so bright but he did awesome. I tried my best to remember to pack everything. Well, I forgot floaties for the water, sunscreen, beach towels and hats!! We remembered Elliot's sunglasses and took a short walk to buy some sunscreen and beach towels...but still forgot to get a hat for James.He got to put his feet in the water and he got his legs covered with sand. Elliot only wanted to make a sandcastle. He also went on a walk with Dad down the beach to look for shells-no luck there. About the time we were leaving it started to rain so we finished up our drive to Ft. Lauderdale where we were headed for some ABR training. ABR training went well. This was Andy's first time. He got to meet the trainers and ask all the questions he'd been asking me for months (but wouldn't believe me when I gave him answers). We learned 6 new exercises. Wow-that's a lot of exercises. Our target is to spend 2 hours a day on James but we're finding it difficult. I am the one who is the most comfortable with ABR and the pushing drive behind it...but I don't see James :( The ABR time I do spend with him is while he's sleeping after I get home from work. We spent 2 days doing ABR and got in a little time in the pool while it wasn't raining. It rained, and I mean rained, all day both days. There were a few flash flood warnings around us. Unfortunately we weren't able to get out and see much because of the rain but just relaxing in the pool and hotel room was ok too. After ABR we headed back to ND. We made it in 2 days! We drove as far as Clarksville, TN the first night and then the rest of the way home the second day. It felt good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment