Sunday, January 26, 2014

Halloween 2013

Once again Halloween (and a couple other holidays...) has come and gone and I haven't posted yet. This year the boys had fun again. I chose a fireman costume for James that I found at Costco. It was a great quality. The fabric was thick and it was made really well. I don't think even Elliot could ruin it. James wore his costume to school and loved it! His teacher told me that when they put him in his stander they put him in front of a mirror and he just couldn't stop looking at himself! HAHA! In the afternoon I was able to go to James' school and paint pumpkins with him in his "inclusion" classroom. James was way too busy watching all of his friends and did absolutely no painting. It was fun to see his teachers and classmates interact with him. His classmates and teachers really do include him and love seeing him! Elliot was the Red Megaforce Power Ranger this year. He talked about being Ironman (again) for months but when we went to buy his costume (also at Costco) he insisted on the Power Ranger. He loved it and later I found that I had extra costumes in the basement that someone must've given us last year (thanks whoever gave us those! I have no idea who it was!). Wouldn't you know that one of the costumes I already had was a Red Power Ranger! Elliot made Daddy put on the mask and be a Power Ranger with him for awhile. We chose to go to the mall again this year for Trick-or-Treating. It's easiest with James because there are no steps etc and we don't have to worry about that stuff. He wasn't into it much but Elliot loved pointing out all the other costumes and getting candy. James, as always, loved watching all the other kids running around and laughing. After the mall we took a short trip to see my co-workers. On the way home James and I dropped Daddy and Elliot off a couple blocks from home so that Elliot could do some more trick-or-treating. He loved going the houses and seeing all the decorations! All in all it was a pretty successful Halloween. Maybe James will be more into it next year...or maybe he and Mom will just hang out at home in costumes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment